What is all of this stuff? What is CWOP, MADIS, WX, etc.?
This is live data from my personal automated surface weather (WX) station at home. I participate in programs to which I share my WX data in real-time, notably CWOP/APRSWXNET, in order to help enable better WX forecasts...
The Citizen Weather Observer Program (CWOP) is a network of privately owned electronic weather stations in the United States. Network participation allows volunteers with computerized weather stations to send automated surface weather observations to the National Weather Service (NWS) by way of the Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS). This data is then used by the Rapid Refresh (RAP) forecast model to produce short term forecasts (3 to 12 hours into the future) of conditions across the United States' lower 48 states. Observations are also re-distributed to the public.
Learn more about CWOP/APRSWXNET:
Links Regarding this Station:
WX Observations from this Station (APRS and otherwise)
WX Data Quality Assurance / Quality Checks for this Station
- MADIS AV025 MesoWest Data/Reports @ University of Utah
- MADIS AV025 MesoNet Map @ NOAA
- W0CHP-13 (MADIS AV025) QC Reports @ NWS
- W0CHP-13 (MADIS AV025) CWOP/APRSWXNET Info and Data QC (Note: this site was once the most accurate and comprehensive WX data QC service; however, it has exhibited serious bugs and erroneous data over the past few years, and seems to be unmaintained.)
- NWS/MADIS ID:
- APRS(WXnet) Callsign:
- 659 feet AMSL
- 44° 03.30' N, 091° 38.89' W
- WX Station Tech Details:
- Fine Offset (GW1100B 2.2.3), WeeWX (4.10.2), FreeBSD & Linux. (Sensor Telemetry)
- Web Server:
- Apache HTTP Server & FreeBSD